1320 1 Street SE, Calgary
Alura is one of two sister towers that occupy 1st Street SE between 13th and 14th Avenue in Victoria Park. Developed by reputable multi-family developer Cove Properties, Alura and Nuera have become an iconic part of Calgary’s skyline since their completion in 2014. With distinctive black-tinted windows and functional yet sophisticated units, Alura offers executive-esque living that is within the budget of many young professionals.
Alura must have been designed with a specific buyer in mind — the stylish, on-trend professional who doesn’t spend a lot of time at home but wants to be comfortable while there. This urbanite doesn’t require a lot of space, and although units in Alura are on the small side, they pack a punch. The exact finishings in each unit will depend on the original purchase package, but all units offer contemporary design features, functional floor plans, and a bit of outdoor space on private, enclosed balconies.
What Alura saves in size, it spends on style with a sleek lobby, state-of-the-art fitness facilities, and a beautiful garden terrace is sure to impress visitors. A daytime concierge, 24-hour security personnel, and private owners’ lounge add to the executive-style feel. All Alura residents are permitted to use Nuera’s amenities, including a second set of gym facilities.
For the busy young professional, Alura offers convenience with some key amenities occupying the retail podium and neighbouring buildings, including a coffee shop, ATB Financial bank, and Shoppers Drug Mart. Alura is only a five-minute walk to the Saddledome and Stampede grounds, and a ten-minute walk to restaurants and nightlife on 17th Avenue and 11th Avenue. It takes about twenty minutes to walk to the downtown business district, or residents can hop on the C-Train at VictoriaP ark/Stampede Station to speed things up.
With a convenient downtown location, sleek look, and attractive price point, Alura is a great option for young professionals entering the real estate market. Investors looking for a solid rental suite may also want to consider these affordable but well-presented units.
Scroll down for more information on Alura condominiums!
ALURA FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Year Completed: 2014
- Community: Beltline (Victoria Park)
- Developer/Architect: Cove Properties
- Total Number of Units: 156 (25 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level units (studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom) + penthouse and sub-penthouse units
- Unit Size Range: 500 sq. ft. – 1,000 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $260,000 – $500,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $0.50 – $0.55 per sq. ft. (as of 2018)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (1-2 stalls depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Assigned storage lockers
- Building Amenities:
- Modern, spacious fitness facilities and pilates studio
- Access amenities in sister tower, Nuera
- Owners’ lounge
- Bicycle storage room
- Garbage chutes on each floor
- Secured underground parking
- Visitor parking
- Daytime concierge and 24-hour security personnel
- Second-floor garden terrace
- Unit Features:
- 9 ft. ceilings
- In-suite laundry
- Central air-conditioning and climate control
- Balconies with natural gas hook-up
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- A variety of colour schemes
- Depending on the kitchen package, some units have quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances
- Functional, open-concept floor plans
- Unique to Alura: Small but functional, executive-esque units and stylish common areas define this conveniently located high-rise.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Cove Properties is an Alberta-based condominium developer with over 25 years’ experience. Exclusively specializing in multi-family construction, Cove Properties is responsible for a number of low-rise, high-rise, and multi-phase residential complexes in Edmonton and Calgary. This award-winning developer also produced the iconic Playa del Sol Resort in Kelowna, BC.
Other Projects by this Developer
- Sasso (2005) – 1410 1st Street SE, Calgary
- Vetro (2008) – 210 15th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Nuera (2012) – 211 13th Avenue SE, Calgary