626 14 Ave SW, Calgary
CALLA is a garden-inspired, high-rise condominium building located in the historic community of Connaught, in Calgary’s Beltline area. Named for a group of flowers, this elegant building looks over the historic Lougheed House and gardens. CALLA is Qualex-Landmark’s fourth condominium project in Calgary and represents the developer’s “coming out of the ground“, having gained a solid reputation for quality high-rise homes.
With floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Lougheed gardens, staggered balconies, a private courtyard, and a smaller building size, CALLA feels more organic and secluded than many downtown high-rises. However CALLA’s location is anything but isolated. CALLA is located a two-minute walk from restaurants, bars, and shops on vibrant 17th Avenue, and a fifteen-minute walk from the downtown core. Residents can reach the European-inspired Central Memorial Park (and Memorial Park Library) within a ten-minute walk, and Lindsay Park (where the popular Respol Sport Centre is located) in fifteen minutes.
CALLA is equipped with some essential amenities (including a gym, yoga studio, and steam room) but doesn’t offer the social spaces characteristic of other Qualex-Landark projects, such as LUNA and Mark on 10th (no two-storey entertainment lounges or rooftop hot tubs here!). Being so close to 17th Avenue and 4th Street, residents can instead mingle at the highly-rated restaurants and bars nearby.
One convenient feature of CALLA is an overnight guest suite (an interior unit on the ground level) that can be rented for visitors. Given CALLA’s location, the guest suite is great for out-of-towners looking to extend their visit and fit in some tourism. CALLA also offers bicycle storage room at parking level, a crucial feature given that the building connects easily with the downtown cycle track on 5th Street.
About the Developer
Vancouver-based Qualex-Landmark has over 25 years experience in residential and commercial real estate development, both in Alberta and British Columbia markets. This award-winning developer has been active in Calgary since 2000, and is currently working on its seventh high-rise condominium project in the Beltline district (Park Point).
Other Projects by the Developer
- Stella (2006) – 1110 11 Street SW, Calgary
- Nova (2009) – 1118 12 Avenue SW, Calgary
- LUNA (2012) – 1111 10 Street SW, Calgary
- Mark on 10th (2016) – 901 10 Avenue SW, Calgary
- Park Point (2018) – 310 12 Avenue SW, Calgary
CALLA BUILDING FEATURES
- Year Built: 2013
- Developer/Architect: Qualex-Landmark
- Total Number of Units: 168 (12 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units (1 and 2 bedroom suites, with den option) and two-storey townhomes
- Unit Size Range: 450 sq. ft. – 1,025 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $245,000 – $625,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $0.55 – $0.60 per sq. ft. (approx. as of 2018)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (1-2 stalls depending on unit); underground visitor parking; bicycle storage room at parking level
- Storage Options: Most units have assigned storage lockers on the same floor
- Pet policy: Requires board approval
- Building Features and Amenities:
- Cardio and weight training room
- Yoga studio
- Steam room
- Overnight guest suite
- Same-floor storage lockers
- Party room
- Visitor parking
- Secure, keyless access to each floor
- Nightly security patrols
- Interior Features:
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Balcony/patio with every suite
- High ceilings (mostly 9 ft.)
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances
- GE® stainless steel with black ceramic glass top slide-in electric range
- Samsung 19 cu.ft. stainless steel bottom-mount refrigerator
- Blomberg stainless steel tub dishwasher
- Panasonic stainless steel over-the-range microwave/hood fan
- Quartz counter tops with glass-tile backsplash
- European soft-close/impact-resistant cabinets and drawers
- Contemporary double-bowl stainless-steel sink and garburator
- Soaker tub and oversized glass shower enclosures
- European-style chrome faucets and bath accessories
- Pre-wired for security systems in ground suites
- Unique to CALLA: This condominium building is a bit smaller in stature than many downtown high-rises, and enjoys unobstructed views of the neighbouring Lougheed House and gardens through its floor-to-ceiling windows. Located on a one-way street, CALLA’s location is also quieter than many Beltline condo. It is among Calgary’s most walkable condominiums, located steps from vibrant 17th Avenue. Air-conditioning in each unit is another plus!