530 12 Avenue SW, Calgary
Castello is a stylish high-rise building offering luxury condominium living in the heart of Calgary’s Beltline. Constructed in 2008, this attractive high-rise feels very modern despite being a decade old! With above-average sized suites, contemporary interiors, and an elegant lobby, Castello falls on the high end of the price range for Calgary condos. This tends to attract affluent professionals who like to balance work and play with a home that is within walking distance of the downtown core and vibrant 17th Avenue.
Unit interiors in Castello are spacious, with 9 ft. ceilings and expansive balconies (the upper floors offer outstanding views of the downtown core!). Floor-to-ceiling windows in the living areas let in lots of natural light during the day, and drop-down ceiling features with pot-lighting add atmosphere in the evening. Central air-conditioning, a unique feature for this building’s era, keep units comfortable. There are also 1-bedroom + 2-bathroom suites available (a rare condo layout) that can make entertaining a bit more comfortable with a designated guest bathroom.
As far as building features, Castello boasts a gorgeous lobby with a contemporary open fireplace and a rooftop patio on the 20th floor. An in-house car wash bay, guest suite, high-speed elevators, and visitor parking are just a few of Castello’s conveniences. Although the gym facilities are on the small side, there are quite a few gyms and boutique fitness studios in the surrounding area. Security personnel puts residents’ minds at ease in this busy downtown location.
Castello’s central location is another major selling feature. The building is a ten- to fifteen-minute walk from all the downtown hotspots, including the business core, restaurants and bars along 17th Avenue and 4th Street, Lindsay Park, and the Saddledome. The 4th C-Train Station is steps away, and the downtown cycle track passes by the building’s entrance on 12th Avenue. The European-styled Central Memorial Park and Central Memorial Library are just a block away.
Recently, the building underwent a major reconstruction of its balconies. While there is a bit stigma that comes with a repair like this, the balconies likely won’t require maintenance for some time — a plus for new buyers.
Scroll down for photos and more information on Castello!
CASTELLO FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Year Completed: 2008
- Community: Beltline (Connaught)
- Developer/Architect: Centron
- Total Number of Units: 106 (19 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level units (ranging from 1 to 2 bedrooms) + two penthouse suites
- Unit Size Range: 850 sq. ft. – 1,500 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $370,000 – $900,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $0.53 – $0.58 per sq. ft. (as of 2018)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (1-2 stalls depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Titled storage lockers
- Building Amenities:
- Fitness facilities
- High-speed elevators
- Secured underground parking, including visitor parking
- Security personnel
- Party room (by reservation)
- Guest suite (with rental fee)
- Rooftop patio on 20th floor
- In-house car wash bay
- Unit Features:
- Central air-conditioning
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- 9 ft. ceilings
- Spacious balconies
- Modern kitchens with island and breakfast bar
- Stainless steel appliances
- In-suite laundry
- Elegant sink basins in bathrooms
- Glass showers and soaker tubs
- Unique to Castello: Castello offers luxury living in the heart of Calgary’s Beltline. Units are quite spacious in comparison to other high-rise buildings, and condo fees will be higher as a result. Affluent professionals tend to live in Castello, which balances work and play with proximity to both the downtown core and vibrant 17th Avenue.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
The Centron Group is a Calgary-based real estate developer active throughout Western Canada. Founded in 1984, Centron is responsible for a number of major commercial, industrial, and multi-family residential developments in Calgary (the Centre 10 commercial building is one example). Buyers may also be familiar with the Stoneridge Mountain Resort and Falconcrest Lodge in Canmore, two more Centron productions. Having won several awards for excellence and leadership, Centron has established a positive reputation in the community.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Churchill Estates (2009) – 701 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary