CHATEAU LA CAILLE
200 La Caille Place SW, Calgary
Constructed in 1999, Chateau La Caille was one of the original high-rise condominiums to occupy Calgary’s downtown core. It is also the first residential condominium project by home-grown real estate developer, the LaCaille Group. Twenty years later, Chateau La Caille continues to set the standard luxury condo living, although unit interiors may require some updating.
Chateau La Caille occupies one of Calgary’s best downtown locations in the community of Eau Claire. The building is situated on a quiet cul-du-sac next to Eau Claire Park and the famous Peace Bridge, enjoying outstanding views of the Bow River and Rocky Mountains. The RiverWalk links the Chateau conveniently to Prince’s Island Park, Downtown East Village, and St. Patrick’s Island Park. A number of highly-rated restaurants and shops can be found in the immediate vicinity, while the vibrant dining and shopping hubs of Kensington and Stephen Avenue can be reached within a fifteen-minute walk.
Units at Chateau La Caille range greatly in size but are generally quite spacious, with one-bedroom sites starting at 900 square feet. The top two floors are penthouse residences, and most units enjoy at least two parking stalls. Storage lockers and bike storage are also available.
Chateau La Caille offers residents a full-service, executive living experience with features like a 24-hour concierge staff, security personnel, and a car wash bay. Q Haute Cuisine, a highly-rated restaurant, is attached to the building, making it feel even more like a grand hotel. Given this building’s age, some of the units will have dated layouts and decor (picture walled-in kitchens, oak cabinets, and brass finishings). However, the common areas of the building were designed with a timeless, castle-inspired look that continues to impress.
About the Developer
The LaCaille Group has a unique history in Calgary. Its founder, Peter Livaditis, originally acquired a restaurant named La Caille On the Bow in 1985 (now Q Haute Cuisine), after which he began a real estate development company of the same name. Since its inception, the LaCaille Group has built a number of residential high-rise condominiums as well as commercial centres and plazas.
Other Projects by the Developer
- La Caille Park Place
- King’s on 4th
- 5 West
CHATEAU LA CAILLE BUILDING FEATURES
- Year Built: 1999
- Developer/Architect: LaCaille Group
- Total Number of Units: 56 (18 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units ranging from 1-bedroom to 4-bedroom units
- Unit Size Range: 900 sq. ft. – 4,000 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: Varies greatly depending due to large range of unit size; approx. $340,000 – $2,700,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: Approx. $0.69 – $0.72 per sf
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (most units have at least 2 stalls; up to 3 spots depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Most units have assigned storage lockers
- Building Features and Amenities:
- Car wash bay
- Full-time security personnel
- Elevator access to unit holder’s floor only
- Secured parking and visitor parking
- Bicycle storage racks
- Garbage chutes on each floor
- Q Haute Restaurant attached
- Interior Features:
- Large balconies with gas line
- Air conditioning
- Central vacuum
- In-suite laundry
- Unique to Chateau La Caille: As one of the original executive condo buildings to grace Calgary’s skyline, the prestigious Chateau La Caille continues to impress with 24-hour concierge service and a top-rated restaurant attached to the building. Although interiors may be dated, units are spacious and enjoy conveniences like air-conditioning, garburators, and large balconies.