Colours by Battistella
135 13 Avenue SW, Calgary
Colours by Battistella is a visually striking condominium building located in Calgary’s up-and-coming First Street village, in the Victoria Park area of Beltline. A ten-minute walk downtown, and steps away from top-notch restaurants and “of the moment” nightlife destinations, Colours was clearly designed with the young urban professional in mind. With reasonable condo fees and accessible prices, these well-designed units make a great starter home or lock-and-go condo for active urbanites.
Carrying the Battistella name that Calgarians have come to know and trust, Colours is yet another example of this local developer’s skill in balancing modern, striking design features with quality and value. True to its name, colourful glass panels add visual interest to the building’s exterior, and red accents brighten the common areas. Unit interiors have an industrial, loft-like feel with open concept living areas, 9.5 foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, and polished concrete floors. Sliding doors and well-designed storage maximize use of space. Ten unique townhome-style, two-level penthouse units occupy the building’s top floors.
Colours is one of three major residential developments in Calgary’s First Street corridor, a newer “village” area that has arisen in recent years. Located along 1st Street SW, between 12th and 16th Avenue SW, this street is home to some of Calgary’s best restaurants (Ten Foot Henry, Two Penny) and nightlife destinations (Proof, Shelter), plus some hidden gems (Boxcar Cafe).
Colours offers a landscaped common terrace on its fourth floor, but is otherwise a bit light on building features (for example, there are no fitness facilities). This is not much of a problem for residents with the number of amenities nearby, including the Beltline Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Anytime Fitness, and tennis courts at Haultain Park. It’s also a short walk to the nearby Sunterra Market, Amaranth Whole Foods Market, and the Victoria Park/Stampede C-Train Station.
With an incredible location and a distinctive style, Colours is sure to attract young professionals and empty nesters who crave an active, urban lifestyle. Reasonable condo fees, quality design, and a trusted brand name make these condos a smart purchase with great resale potential.
Scroll down for more information on Colours condominiums!
BUILDING FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Year Completed: 2008
- Community: Beltline (Victoria Park)
- Developer/Architect: Battistella Developments
- Total Number of Units: 212 (22 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level units (ranging from 1-bedroom to 3-bedroom) + multi-level penthouse suites
- Unit Size Range: 600 sq. ft. – 1,750 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $260,000 – $810,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $0.50 – $0.55 per sq. ft. (as of 2018)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (1-3 stalls depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Assigned storage lockers (1-2 lockers depending on unit)
- Building Amenities:
- Party room
- Bicycle storage
- Secured underground parking
- 4th floor, landscaped terrace
- Ground floor commercial podium
- Designated recycling bins
- 15 common-property mountain bikes
- Pets permitted subject to board approval
- Unit Features:
- Polished concrete floors
- Open concept living and kitchen areas
- 9.5 foot ceilings
- Granite countertops
- Space-saving sliding frosted glass doors
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- In-suite laundry
- Unique to Colours: This stylish high-rise is targeted specifically at young urban professionals, with industrial-chic interiors and lots of colourful design flair. Yuppies will love the location on First Street, steps away from the downtown core, top-rated restaurants, and trendy nightlife destinations.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded in 1980 by Giovanni and Jacqueline Battistella, Battistella Developments was one of the first real estate developers in Calgary to specialize in building infill homes. The company quickly became known for its unique and dramatic architectural design. In 1986, the company received a Governor General’s Award recognizing its vision and leadership.
Battistella Developments has since expanded into condominium development. Today, it is known for visually striking condominium buildings that have helped to transform the aesthetic of downtown Calgary.
Battistella Developments is a certified BuiltGreen developer and an active supporter of local Calgary artists. The company sponsors awards and yearly scholarships for students of Alberta College of Art and Design.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Orange Lofts (2003) – 535 8 Avenue SE, Calgary
- Chocolate (2005) – 188 15 Avenue SW, Calgary
- Brunette (2011) – 805 4 Street NE, Calgary
- Pixel (2014) – 235 9A Street NW, Calgary
- Lido (2016) – 1087 2 Avenue NW, Calgary
- Ink (2018) – 624 8 Avenue SE, Calgary