Scroll down for photos and fast facts on Discovery Ridge amenities!
LIVING IN DISCOVERY RIDGE
- Nearest C-Train Station: 69 Street Park and Ride Station (ten-minute drive away)
- Easy access to Sarcee Trail and Glenmore Trail/Highway AB-8
Groceries & Shopping
- Superstore, Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart, Best Buy, Winners and more big box retailers located a five-minute drive away in neighbouring Signal Hill
- Ten-minute drive to Aspen Landing Shopping Centre in Aspen Woods, an upscale commercial centre containing a number of amenities including an animal hospital, a law office, a medical clinic, several major banks, boutiques, fitness studios, cafes and restaurants
- Five- to ten-minute drive to Westbrook Mall (Walmart, Dollarama, Jubilations Dinner Theatre)
Dining & Nightlife
- Highly-rated Maharajah Indian Restaurant and Javino Coffee and Wine Bar located in Discovery Ridge
- Five-minute drive to Phoenix Grill, Earl’s Kitchen + Bar, and National in neighbouring Signal Hill
- Ten-minute drive to restaurants A Ladybug Bakery and Cafe, Redwater Rustic Grille, and Original Joe’s in Aspen Woods
Health & Wellness
- Medical service providers (medicentre, family doctors, dentists and optometrists), spas and salons (Skoah, Salon Luminous, Chatters) located in neighbouring Signal Hill
- Even more medical offices and spas (Karma Yoga, Frilly Lilly Salon and Spa and Curious Hair Skin Body all located) in Aspen Landing
- Grades K-9: Griffith Woods School (Regular)
- Grades 10-12: Ernest Manning High School (Regular, AP, Off-Campus Work Experience), Central Memorial High School(Regular, AP, Career & Technology, Off-Campus Work Experience)
- Grades K-6: Holy Name School (French Immersion Only), John W. Costello Catholic School (Regular)
- Grades K-9: St. Michael School (Regular and French Immersion)
- Grades 6-9: St. Gregory School (Regular)
- Grades 10-12: St. Mary’s High School (Regular, French Immersion, IB)
Community Ward and Councillor
THINGS TO DO IN DISCOVERY RIDGE
- Westside Recreation Centre: This family-oriented leisure centre was build in 2010 and is closely involved with the community, offering fee assistance and youth volunteer programs. Located in the northwest corner of the community, its modern facilities include a fitness centre, rock climbing wall, ice rink and children’s play area. There is also a large aquatic centre with a wave pool, lane pool, lazy river and waterslides!
- Westhills Cineplex Odeon Movie Theatre: Newer, modern facilities at the Westhills Cineplex Odeon make for a great movie theatre experience.
- Grey Eagle Resort and Casino: This hotel is equipped with conference facilities and a large event centre that is hosts to a number of musicians and comedy acts throughout the year.