305 18 Avenue SW, Calgary
DISTRICT is a new low-rise condominium development that occupies one of the most walkable locations in the desirable neighbourhood of Mission. Although these affordable, no nonsense condominiums are designed without many bells and whistles, DISTRICT is backed by the reputation of its award-winning architect, NORR, which is responsible for a number of commercial, industrial and residential buildings in Calgary.
On its exterior, DISTRICT has a sophisticated yet cozy appeal, with “Mission brick”, wood beam accents, and noticeably large balconies. Units are well-designed with open concept living spaces, 9-foot ceilings, and functional layouts. Kitchens are finished with high-end appliances and Caesarstone countertops. Buyers can expect to find thoughtful details like soft-close cabinets and under-vanity lighting throughout these comfortable suites.
With only a small courtyard, minimal common space, and no exercise room, DISTRICT’s condo fees fall below average. Being steps away from Repsol Sport Centre, Lindsay Park, the Elbow River pathways, and amenities along 17th Avenue and 4th Street, it certainly makes sense to save costs on these features.
In fact, DISTRICT’s location in Mission is easily one of its top selling features. This picturesque neighbourhood is circled by the Elbow River and is close to dining and shopping hubs, but maintains a quieter, more residential feel than neighbouring Beltline. Buyers should be aware that two elementary schools are located across 2nd Street and cause some traffic build-up during peak hours. But with secured bicycle storage, residents can avoid the stress of driving and take advantage of the downtown cycle track, which links up with 2nd Street.
DISTRICT offers modern comfort and convenience to urbanites who want to be near the action of 4th Street and 17th Avenue. With excellent design and a top location, DISTRICT’s affordable suites are a great investment for new homebuyers.
DISTRICT Features and Amenities
- Year Built: 2014
- Community: Mission
- Developer: Boulevard Investments Corp.
- Architect: NORR
- Total Number of Units: 59 (4 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units, ranging from 1 bed + 1 bath to 2 bed + 2 bath
- Unit Size Range: 450 sq. ft. – 800 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $270,000 – $400,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $0.45 – $0.48 per sq. ft.
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (1-2 stalls depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Assigned storage lockers
- Building Amenities:
- Handicap access
- Video and intercom system
- Secured keyless entry to garage and lobby
- Visitor parking and bicycle parking
- Unit Features:
- Balconies with gas hook-ups
- High-end appliances (Fisher & Paykel and Bosch)
- Rough-in for garburator
- Caesarstone countertops and backsplash
- Under-vanity lighting
- Dual-flush toilets
- Square rain-shower heads
- 9 ft. ceilings (14 ft. in penthouse units)
- Front-load, energy efficient washers and dryers
- Soft-close cabinets
- Unique to DISTRICT: This condominium building offers affordable yet comfortable suites. Although the building is light on amenities, condo fees are low. This building’s stand-out feature is its location, being steps away from Repsol Sport Centre, Lindsay Park, and shops and restaurants along 4th Street and 17th Avenue.
About the Developer
Boulevard Investments Corp. is a Calgary-based real estate developer affiliated with The Berman Group, which has been active in the Vancouver, Calgary, and Phoenix real estate markets since 1985.
About the Architect
NORR is an award-winning architectural, engineering, and planning firm active across North America. NORR is responsible for a number of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings in Calgary, and works closely with Calgary-based developer, Truman Homes.
Other Projects by the Architect
- Ezra on Riley Park
- The George on 17th