Duke at Mission Condominiums
120 - 18th Avenue SW, Calgary
Duke at Mission is a visually-striking, boutique-style condominium complex located in one of Calgary’s most desirable neighbourhoods for young professionals. The complex was designed to offer an array of living options, ranging from one-bedroom units to townhomes. To allow for flexibility in design, the building was constructed of wood and brick. Each level boasts unique dimensions, exterior features and outdoor spaces. First floor units also enjoy private entrance (and even each door is a different colour). In the result, Duke at Mission feels more like a community of individual homes than the traditional apartment-style complexes that are common in the area.
The interior design of Duke at Mission matches its modern exterior with high-gloss cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and glass tile backsplashes. Floor plans are traditional and functional, and each unit is equipped with in-suite laundry.
Although located in the desirable community of Mission just steps from both 4th Street and 17th Ave, buyers should carefully consider the building’s immediate surroundings. Duke at Mission is located directly across the street from St. Mary’s Catholic High School, meaning high pedestrian and vehicle traffic during morning, lunchtime and early afternoon. The building is also located near St. Mary’s Cathedral, which operates a soup kitchen.
Nonetheless, Duke at Mission is unique for its variety of unit styles. Affordable at-grade units with private entrances are a rarity in Calgary’s inner city communities and will no doubt continue to be in high demand. Importantly, Avi Urban — a division of Homes by Avi — is a reputable Alberta builder that buyers can rely on for high-quality design and construction.
About the Developer
Avi Urban is the multi-family developer arm of well-known Alberta builder, Homes by Avi. Avi Urban was formed in 2000 and is responsible for a number of multi-family projects in Calgary. In April 2018, Avi Urban won a BILD Calgary Region Award for Best Town Home for its development in Jackson at Walden.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Carrington Urban Terraces
- August at University District
- Winston at Walden
- Jackson at Walden
- Savanna Urban Terraces
- Maverick at Livingston
- Buffalo at Silverado
- The Block in Lower Mount Royal
Duke at Mission in the News
- Year Built: 2017
- Developer/Architect: Avi Urban
- Total Number of Units: 51 (4 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units, townhomes and lofts ranging from one bedroom to 3 bedrooms
- Unit Size Range: 561 sq. ft. – 1,157 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $280,000 – $560,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: $250 – $475 (approx. $0.36 per sq. ft., but likely to go up)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking available for certain units
- Storage Options: Assigned lockers, bicycle storage
- Building Features and Amenities:
- Unique exterior design with varying dimensions on each level
- Visitor parking
- Courtyard entrance
- Oversized windows
- Large balconies
- Some at-grade units designed with street-level private entrances
- Bicycle storage
- Interior Features:
- High-gloss cabinetry, quartz countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances
- In-suite laundry
- Unique to Duke at Mission: Duke offers a variety of living options ranging from one-bedroom units to townhomes, including at-grade suites with private entrances. The developer, Avi Urban, has an established reputation as a top-rated builder in Alberta.