EAU CLAIRE ESTATES
500 Eau Claire Ave SW, Calgary
Eau Claire Estates is a unique luxury condominium complex located in the desirable community of Eau Claire, in the heart of Calgary’s downtown core. Comprised of ten red brick towers that surround a beautifully landscaped courtyard, Estates’ design allows for unprecedented privacy in condominium living. There are a maximum of two suites per floor in each building, and many floors containing only one suite! Superior construction and excellent condominium management make Eau Claire Estates a great long-term investment.
Eau Claire Estates is situated on a quiet street, bordered to the north by Eau Claire Park and the Bow River Valley. The RiverWalk links Estates to some of Calgary’s most popular inner city parks, including Prince’s Island Park and St. Patrick’s Island Park. A number of highly-rated restaurants and shops can be found in the immediate vicinity, while the vibrant dining and shopping hubs of Kensington and Stephen Avenue are only a fifteen-minute walk away.
At home, residents can enjoy superior concierge service, amenities, and security. On-site concierge offers dry cleaning, parcel delivery, and taxi booking, among a host of other convenience. The building is equipped with a barbecue area, billiard room, swimming pool, hot tub, and even “his & hers” saunas. With a two security personnel on duty 24/7, a central control room, and security cameras positioned throughout the property, residents can also enjoy peace of mind in a safe condo community.
Eau Claire Estates was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merill LLP, a high-end architectural firm responsible for such impressive projects as the Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson International Airport. The building is managed by the real estate giant Oxford Properties Group, a name that is backed by a positive reputation. This residential community has its own website which provides neighbourhood news, resources for residents, and an opportunity to connect with owners (for example, through owner surveys). The condo board is very active, and even conducted a recent survey to ensure that its condo fees were competitive.
Scroll down for more information on Eau Claire Estates’ features and amenities!
EAU CLAIRE ESTATES FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Year Built: 1983
- Developer: Oxford Properties Group
- Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Total Number of Units: 162 (building comprised of ten towers ranging in height from 5 to 23 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level and multi-level units ranging from 1-bedroom to 4-bedroom units
- Unit Size Range: 900 sq. ft. – 4,300 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: Varies greatly depending due to large range of unit size; approx. $300,000 – $2,300,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: Approx. $0.80 – $0.95 per square foot (as of 2018); condo fees are inclusive of electricity, heat, and water
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (up to 4 stalls for larger units)
- Storage Options: Assigned storage lockers
- Building Amenities:
- Classic red brick exterior
- 8-inch thick concrete floors and sound-proofed walls for privacy
- Maximum of two suites per floor
- Landscaped central courtyard with BBQ area
- Each tower equipped with an elevator
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool, hot tub, and “his & hers” saunas
- Two full-time security personnel on duty
- High-end security monitoring with central control station and video cameras
- Concierge service offering custom vehicle care, parcel delivery, taxi scheduling, dry cleaning service, and more
- Secured underground parking
- Car wash bay
- Bicycle storage
- Underground visitor parking available with pass
- Updated, state-of-the-art mechanical equipment (boilers, chillers, air conditioning)
- Interior Features:
- Some units equipped with natural gas fireplaces
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Central vacuum
- In-suite laundry
- Unique to Eau Claire Estates: This condo complex is made up of a series of towers surrounding a beautiful courtyard. The tower-design offers unprecedented privacy with only one or two suite per floor, and some private staircases and elevator lobbies. The building is constructed with premium materials and sound-proofing, and residents enjoy full concierge service.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Oxford Properties Group is a global real estate investor, developer, and manager. Originally an Edmonton-based company, the firm has grown substantially and is responsible for the design and development of notable buildings like the MNP Tower in Vancouver. Oxford also has extensive experience managing property in a range of industries, from smaller residential complexes to major commercial centres.
ABOUT THE ARCHITECT
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP is a leading international architectural firm that has won a number of awards and is responsible for some of the world’s most notable building designs around the world. Their portfolio includes airports, government buildings, commercial centres, and educational institutions constructed on several continents. Another example of their architectural work in Calgary is the stunning glass office tower located at 707 5th Street SW (“707 Fifth”).