519 Riverfront Ave SE and 510 6th Ave SE, Calgary
Located in the newly revitalized Downtown East Village, Evolution is an ambitious mixed-use condominium complex comprised of two Phases. Designed by world-renowned architect, James Cheng, the building combines glass, brick and wood to create a look of “old world charm and modern simplicity.” Evolution has helped to transform the Downtown East Village since its completion in 2016, bringing with it a variety of options for downtown living.
Phase One is “Fuse” — a stylish blend of a 17-storey tower, an 8-storey midrise building and five additional townhouses. Phase Two, known as “Pulse”, is 32-storeys tower at its highest point and boasts a variety of interior layout designs (ranging from 1 to 3 bedroom suites, with optional den). The two phases surround a 24,000 sq. ft. private, elevated garden equipped with seating areas, outdoor BBQ and fire pits. Residents can enjoy easy access to boutique yoga studios, salons and gift shops located at street-level of the building.
Scroll down for building features and information on the developer!
- Year Built: 2015-2016
- Developer: BOSA Development
- Total Units: 483 (Fuse 203, Pulse 271 + townhomes)
- Unit Style(s): 1 Bedroom, 1 Bedroom plus Den, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom plus work station, 2 Bedroom plus Den, 3 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom Suite with living room
- Unit Size Range: 570 – 1550
- Unit Price Range: $360K – $1,200K
- Avg. Monthly Condominium Fee: $400
- Parking Options: Assigned, underground, heated, some tandem
- Storage Options: Assigned, lockers
- Building Amenities: 24,000 sq. ft. raised terrace, outdoor barbecue, fire pit area, steam room, 2 fitness facilities, owner’s lounge, and sauna
- Interior Features: Laminate flooring, modern finishing, European style cabinetry, granite counters, 10ml glass showers, stainless steel appliances
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
A leader in Calgary real estate development, Bosa Development has humble beginnings as a construction company founded in 1966. During the 1980s, Bosa expanded into the development sphere and rapidly spread its influence in Western Canada and the United States. Taking on both commercial and residential projects, Bosa is responsible for a number of ambitious developments including the Bosa Waterfront Centre in Vancouver, the Empress Hotel in Victoria, and the Insignia mixed-use high-rise in downtown Seattle. To date, Bosa is responsible for the construction of over 20,000 homes, with a further 9,000 under way.
During the late 1990s, Bosa was charged with the formidable task of developing five residential high-rise towers in Calgary’s Downtown West End. Bosa was later called upon by the Calgary Municipal Land Corporation to help revitalize the East Village, where Evolution now stands and two more Bosa high-rises are on the way.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Liberte (1999) – 804 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary
- Axxis (2000) – 650 10th Street SW, Calgary
- Marquis (2001) – 1108 6th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Riverwest: The Barclay (2003) – 1088 6th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Riverwest: The McLeod (2004) – 1078 6th Avenue SW, Calgary
- The Royal (now selling, est. completion 2019) – 936 16th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Arris (pre-registration) – 553 Riverfront Avenue SE, Calgary
- Currie Lands (planning stage) – Flanders Ave SW, Calgary