INK by Battistella
624 8 Ave SE, Calgary
INK is the latest concept by Battistella Developments, a native Calgarian real estate developer known for its innovative designs and sleek exteriors. Construction began on INK in 2017 and the building is nearing completion. First possessions are expected to take place in September 2018.
Nestled between two larger residential buildings in Downtown East Village, INK is a fraction of the size of the areas’s newer developments but stands out for its distinctive exterior design features, including alternating wrap-around balconies, asymetrical dimensions and bright fuschia panelling. On its interior, INK contrasts raw industrial features like exposed concrete and visible ductwork with elegant finishes.
INK endeavours to make the most of small living space, offering functional “micro-condos” that range from studio to two-bedroom suites (the largest unit in the building is 689 sq. ft.). The units were designed with 9.5 foot ceilings to allow for more “cubic” space within the suites. However, buyers should be aware that the asymmetrical building frame may cause space restrictions when it comes to furnishing these units.
As a certified BuiltGreen developer, Battistella designed INK with a number of environmentally-conscious features, including in-suite recycling, water-saving fixtures, high efficiency heating and green materials. The building’s bicycle storage and proximity to the City Hall C-Train Station make it easy for residents to choose lower emission transportation.
Art has been at the forefront of Battistella’s design values, and INK is no exception. Battistella recently teamed up with Beakerhead, a local science and art festival, to develop an interactive light-based feature to be installed in INK’s lobby. Original art from ACAD students is also displayed in INK’s show suites and common areas.
Scroll down for more information on Ink condominiums!
BUILDING FEATURES AND AMENITIES
- Year Built: 2018
- Developer: Battistella Development
- Total Number of Units: 119
- Unit Style(s): Studio, One Bedroom, One Bedroom plus Den, Two Bedroom
- Unit Size: 368 sq. ft. – 689 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: $340,000 – $481,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: $165 – $310 (approx. $0.45 per sq. ft.)
- Parking Options: One titled underground parking stall included with units +500 sq. ft.
- Building Amenities:
- Rooftop garden with fireplace
- Repair room
- Secure bike storage
- Pet washing station
- Original art in lobby & common areas
- Resident message panels at each suite entry
- Eco-friendly construction elements (wind powered, bicycle storage, green materials, in-suite recycling, construction waster recycle program, water saving fixtures, motion sensor lighting in common areas, high efficiency heating & hot water system, electric car charging port)
- Interior Features: Central air conditioning, four-inch baseboards, front-load Frigidaire washer and dryer, balconies equipped with a gas line and matte polished concrete floors
- Unique to INK: Innovative and stylish design features set INK apart from other condominiums in the Downtown East Village (as compared to the more conservative designs of Evolution or FIRST, for example). Buyers can rely on Battistella Developments’ established reputation as a top Calgary-based developer. Many buyers will be familiar with the brand and may have already lived in, or visited, another of Battistella’s several projects in Calgary.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded in 1980 by Giovanni and Jacqueline Battistella, the company was one of the first developers to specialize in building infill homes in inner city Calgary. Battistella Development quickly became known for its unique and dramatic architectural design. In 1986, the company received a Governor General’s Award recognizing its vision and leadership.
Battistella Developments has since expanded into condominium development. Today, it is known for visually striking condominium buildings that have helped to transform the aesthetic of downtown Calgary.
Battistella Developments is a certified BuiltGreen developer and an active supporter of local Calgary artists. The company sponsors awards and yearly scholarships for students of Alberta College of Art and Design.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Orange Lofts (2003) – 535 8 Avenue SE, Calgary
- Chocolate (2005) – 188 15 Avenue SW, Calgary
- Colours (2008) – 135 13 Avenue SW, Calgary
- Brunette (2011) – 805 4 Street NE, Calgary
- Pixel (2014) – 235 9A Street NW, Calgary
- Lido (2016) – 1087 2 Avenue NW, Calgary