1111 10 Street SW, Calgary
Constructed in 2012, LUNA is a luxury high-rise condominium building ideally located within walking distance to restaurants and bars along 17th Avenue and Stephen Ave, as well as the downtown business district. LUNA’s location is easily one of its top selling features, but with dreamy bathrooms and gourmet kitchens, buyers will also love spending time at home.
LUNA is the third high-rise project in Calgary by award-winning, BC-based developer, Qualex-Landmark. Built in 2012, LUNA occupies one of the most ideal locations in the Beltline, in the historic community of Connaught. Although close to the nightlife and action of 10th Avenue, Stephen Avenue and 17th Avenue, Connaught feels more residential than other areas of the Beltline. Across the street is Connaught School, and there are several small parks in the area. LUNA is also conveniently located within a five minute walk to Co-op and Safeway, and a ten minute walk to the Bow River pathway system.
For a luxury condominium building, LUNA can be described as stylish but not overstated, with modern but functional interiors. The high-end kitchens exemplify this approach, with convection wall ovens, gas stove tops, and garburators that allow for easy gourmet cooking at home. Built-in workspaces and spacious storage closets also make good use of unit space. Bathrooms are elegantly finished with glass showers, soaker tubs, and marble counter tops.
LUNA enjoys a few well-designed building amenities, although it is more conservative than other projects by developer Qualex-Landmark like Mark on 10th (no roof-top hot tub here!). Buyers will appreciate the bright, spacious fitness facilities, which include “his and hers” changing areas equipped with segregated steam rooms. There is a large entertainment room with pool tables and a wet bar, as well as a 5,300 sq. ft. outdoor courtyard space with open gas fireplaces. Because LUNA skips some of the frills common to luxury condominium buildings, prices are above average but not over the top, and are well within budget of many young professionals.
About the Developer
Vancouver-based Qualex-Landmark has over 25 years experience in residential and commercial real estate development, both in Alberta and British Columbia markets. This award-winning developer has been active in Calgary since 2000, and is currently working on its seventh high-rise condominium project in the Beltline district (Park Point).
Other Projects by the Developer
- Park Point
- Mark on 10th
LUNA BUILDING FEATURES
- Year Built: 2012
- Developer/Architect: Qualex-Landmark
- Total Number of Units: 218 (29 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units (1.5, 2,and 2.5 bedroom suites) and two-storey townhomes
- Unit Size Range: 665 sq. ft. – 1,081 sq. ft. (apartment-style), 1491 sq. ft. – 1768 sq. ft. (townhome-style)
- Unit Price Range: approx.
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx.
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (one or two spots depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Most units have assigned storage lockers
- Building Features and Amenities:
- Spa and lounge
- Cardio and weight training room
- Yoga studio
- “His and hers” steam rooms
- Lounge with wet bar, foosball and pool tables, and fireplace
- 5300 sq. ft. courtyard/garden with open gas fireplaces and seating
- Interior Features:
- Stainless steel appliances
- Quartz counter tops with glass-tile backsplash
- Contemporary double-bowl stainless-steel sink
- Soft-close dual-flush low-consumption toilets
- Soaker tub
- Oversized, glass shower enclosures
- Porcelain floor tiles
- In-floor heating (ensuites only)
- European-style chrome faucets and bath accessories
- Unique to LUNA: This luxury condominium building offers all the basic amenities without any over-the-top frills, keeping condo prices affordable for many young professionals. LUNA is conveniently located in residential Connaught, which is within walking distance of all the major downtown hubs but is a step removed from the noise and buzz.