Executive riverside living in the heart of the city
Roxboro is a prestigious, pocket-sized neighbourhood nestled in central Calgary. Bordered by the Elbow River to the north and Roxboro Park to the east and south, this close-knit neighbourhood has a cosy, secluded feel. Yet Roxboro is positioned to take advantage of three of Calgary’s most popular shopping and dining districts—Marda Loop, 4th Street, and 17th Avenue. With such a great location, property values in this picturesque community are among the highest in the city. Luxury homes are the norm here, and the community sets a new standard for executive inner-city living!
Roxboro has among the highest property values in Calgary. All eighty-odd homes in this pocket-sized neighbourhood are single-family style. With classic styles and modern infills to choose from, buyers will appreciate the mature trees and large lots (some of which back onto the Elbow River).
Roxboro’s tiny population of about 250 is mostly made up of older families, with lots of kids between the ages of 5–19 but no children under the age of four. There is also a strong senior population in the neighbourhood.
Linking directly with the Elbow River pathways, Roxboro residents enjoy easy access to some of Calgary’s most popular inner city parks, including Stanley Park and Lindsey Park (where Repsol Sport Centre is located). But Roxboro gets its charm from the forested ridge that borders it to the east and south, Roxboro Park. There, buyers will find an expansive off-leash dog park, a playground, and hiking trails that lead up the ridge to the Roman Catholic Cemetery in Erlton, where some of the best views of downtown are had.
The neighbourhood’s community hall is also located in Roxboro Park. The Rideau-Roxboro Community Association, which also serves neighbouring Rideau Park, operates the hall and community sport facilities including a members-only tennis courts and an outdoor ice rink in winter.
Scroll down for photos and fast facts on Roxboro!
LIVING IN ROXBORO
- Nearest C-Train Station: Erlton/Stampede (15- to 20-minute walk from most areas of Roxboro)
- Easy access to Blackfoot Trail, Macleod Trail, and Glenmore Trail
Groceries & Shopping
- Safeway and boutique shopping (Lululemon, Coco and Violet, The Tech Shop) located within walking distance along 4th Street
- Five-minute drive to Blush Lane Organic Market, gourmet food stores (Springbank Cheese Co., Blue Door Oil and Vinegar, Tres Marias Mexican Food Market), and boutiques (Crabapple Clothing Company, Valerienne, Clothing Bar Boutique Consignment Store) in Marda Loop
- More shopping along 17th Avenue (Purr Clothing, Best Buy, Structube, Kit and Ace, Gravity Pope)
Dining & Nightlife
- Independent restaurants with a variety of cuisines along 4th Street (Vin Room, Suzette Brittany Bistro, Mercato)
- Popular coffee shops (Monogram Coffee, Phil & Sebastian), specialty food stores (My Favourite Ice Cream Shoppe, Cookie Occasion) and pubs (Merchants, Original Joe’s) in Marda Loop
- Restaurants (Cibo, Bread & Circus Trattoria, Model Milk) and cocktail bars (Betty Lou’s Library) on 17th Avenue
Health & Wellness
- Boutique fitness studios, salons and spas along 4th Street (Butter Beauty Parlour, Frilly Lilly, One Cycle Spin Studio, Yoga Santosha)
- Medical clinics, dental clinics, holistic health centres, and drugstores in Marda Loop and along 4th Street
- Grades K-9: Rideau Park School (Regular)
- Grades 10-12: Western Canada High School (Regular and French Immersion)
- Grades K-6: Holy Name School (French Immersion only)
- Grades K-9: St. Michael School (French Immersion and Regular), St. Monica School (Regular)
- Grades 10-12: St. Mary’s High School (Regular and Extended French, IB)
- Grades K-9: Calgary Arts Academy
Community Ward and Councillor
THINGS TO DO IN ROXBORO
- Roxboro Park: Bordered by the Elbow River and a densely forested ridge overlooking downtown Calgary to the north, visitors will find a large off leash area, hiking trails, and a playground at this charming, hidden park. The Rideau-Roxboro Community Association operates out of a historical building located here, managing the nearby tennis courts and outdoor ice rink that are accessible only to residents.
- Stanley Park: A popular destination for picnicking, this park sits along a picturesque bend of the Elbow River under tall, shady cedars and hemlocks. Visitors can wade in the river, try out the swimming pool, or take advantage of tennis and lawn bowling facilities.
- Lindsay Park: This inner-city green space is encircled by the Elbow River, with a playground and several pathways running through it. It’s a popular spot for fishing and sunbathing in the summer. This park is also home to the popular Repsol Sport Centre, which is equipped with two competition pools and two training pools, a diving tank, hot tub and steam room facilities, a running track, sports gymnasiums, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre.
- 4th Street: Known as one of Calgary’s top culinary hotspots, 4th Street boasts a number of highly-rated, independent restaurants with a variety of cuisines (Mercato, Suzette Brittany Bistro, Aida’s Bistro, Rajdoot, and Anejo, to name just a few!).