553 Riverfront Avenue SE, Calgary
Verve is the latest collaboration from developer duo FRAM + Slokker, whose first Calgary-based project (aptly named “FIRST”) was completed in 2015. Like FIRST, Verve is a recent addition to the Downtown East Village, which has been the subject of a full-scale revitalization overseen by Calgary’s Municipal Land Corporation since 2009. Verve is currently under construction and is slated for completion in Fall of 2018.
Verve will add a further 288 residential units and new commercial tenants to Downtown East Village, including GoodEarth Coffeehouse and Panago Pizza.
Notably, Verve is located on a diagonal strip that will be developed into a pedestrian thoroughfare known as “The Riff”. The Riff is intended to create a new public realm in Downtown East Village and will be populated with “niche” retail, cafes, bars and restaurants. With overhanging balconies and raised gardens, The Riff is designed for a distinctly domestic feel.
Anna Simone and Elaine Cecconi are the award-winning interior designers responsible for Verve’s airy-chic look. The suites are defined by clean lines, porcelain, back-lit walls and a pure white palette. Bedrooms are accented by a back-lit wall mural. The units employ space-saving features like sliding doors, wall cabinetry and built-in work stations.
Verve was constructed with a number “green” building features, including energy efficient appliances, HVAC and central boiler. A high performance building envelope and water-saving plumbing fixtures are also intended to reduce water and energy consumption.
More Information on Verve
About the Developer
FRAM Building Group is an experienced developer active throughout Canada and the United States, having constructed more than 11,000 custom, single family, multi-family, condominium and rental homes, as well as mixed-used and commercial properties. Originating in Holland in 1935, the Slokker Group opened a Calgary office in 2007 and has since completed eight multi-family developments in the area. Together, FRAM + Slokker have constructed a number of multi-family residences across North America.
Check out another Downtown East Village project by FRAM + Slokker:
Verve in the News
- Year Built: 2018 (currently under construction)
- Developer: FRAM + Slokker
- Architect: Giannone Petricone Associates
- Total Number of Units: 288 (25 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Studio, one bedroom, one bedroom plus den, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den
- Unit Size Range: 620 sq. ft. – 1,230 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: $350,000 – $900,000+
- Avg. Condominium Fee: $242 – $700 (approx. $0.39 per sq. ft.)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking stalls are available with most units
- Storage Options: One storage locker per suite
- Building Amenities:
- Party area with fireplace, lounge seating, kitchen and dining area
- Fitness room
- 6th floor amenity area with lounge seating, barbecue, fire-pit, hot tub and yoga space
- 25th floor (roof-top) terrace
- Interior Features:
- 9-10’ ceiling
- European laminate engineered flooring
- Modern European styled cabinets and built-ins throughout
- Breakfast bar/island
- Choice of Corian or quartz stone counter tops with stainless steel under-mount sink with chrome pull-out faucet, mosaic tiled backsplash and under-cabinet LED lighting
- European kitchen appliances, front-loading washer and dryer
- Modern bathrooms with custom cabinetry, integrated lighting and mirror, luxurious soaker tubs and/or spacious shower with glass enclosure (soaker tub and shower to feature full tile surround and large rain head)
- Oversized porcelain floor tiles in all bathrooms
- Dual-flush water saving toilets
- Ceiling mini-pot lights in bathrooms and custom-designed kitchen pendant lighting
- Suite fully roughed-in for the latest communication hi-speed internet access (CAT5e)
- Space-saving contemporary overhead track sliding and swing doors in bedrooms (aka barn doors)
- Spacious interior “sleeper” den and functional workstation desks
- Large balconies with electrical and natural gas BBQ outlet
- Unique to Verve: As compared to other developments in Downtown East Village, Verve offers larger suites with an average unit size of 735 per square foot. Verve’s airy chic interior leads the way in design trends and is guaranteed to impress guests. Verve also stands out among downtown condominiums for its well-appointed common spaces, which include outdoor “cabanas” and a hot tub.