315 24 Ave SW, Calgary
XOLO is an ambitious low-rise condominium complex located steps from 4th Street in trendy Mission. This wood-frame building is finished with a chic mix of stone and two-toned stucco, and is notable for its irregular dimensions with feature walls jutting out at an odd angle. A small lawn contained by a wrought iron and stone fence surrounds the building, giving it a well-manicured appearance.
XOLO offers a range of unit styles, from single-level apartments to two-level lofts. Some of the first floor suites enjoy private street-level entrances, a rare feature for downtown condominiums in Calgary (although they are more popular in Mission — see also Duke at Mission). All suites come with at least one secured, titled underground parking stall (some with two).
XOLO has a modern, well-maintained entrance hall that is conveniently equipped with an elevator. Suite interiors are rather basic with white cabinetry and (as-built) laminate countertops, but unique features like diagonal window-walls and zig-zag built-in wine cabinets add visual interest. Most of the suites are equipped with gas fireplaces. All units come with in-suite laundry and a balcony or outdoor space.
Within Mission, XOLO is located in the southwest corner steps away from bustling 4th Street (Shoppers Drug Mart is directly west of the building). It is positioned a two minute walk from the Elbow River pathway, five minute walk from Lindsay Park, and 10-15 minute walk from the Erlton/Stampede C-Train Station.
Compared to the many 1960’s style walk-up condominiums still present in Mission, XOLO is a newer development with a trendy, refined appearance that will appeal to young professionals. The interiors are somewhat basic, but this keeps prices down and prevents suites from looking dated — despite that the building is now over 15 years old. XOLO is a great opportunity for first-time home buyers looking to set up home in one of Calgary’s trendiest inner city neighbourhoods.
NOTE: XOLO was affected by the 2013 floods and special assessments were levied in order to remediate the parkade. Buyers should ensure that all special assessments have been fully paid when considering purchasing a unit.
About the Developer
Assured Developments (also known as Assured Communities or Assured Homes) is a local, family-owned and operated developer.
Other Projects by the Developer
- Mission 34
- Alex Courtyard Lofts
- Steps Bridgeland
- The Galleries Renfrew
- Year Built: 2003
- Total Number of Units: 219 (4 storeys)
- Unit Style(s): Single-level apartment style units and lofts including one bedroom, one bedroom plus den and 2 bedroom
- Unit Size Range: 604 sq. ft. – 1,139 sq. ft.
- Unit Price Range: approx. $250,000 – $465,000
- Avg. Condominium Fee: approx. $400 – $800 (approx. $0.65 – $0.71 per sq. ft.)
- Parking Options: Titled underground parking (one or two spots depending on unit)
- Storage Options: Assigned lockers
- Heating: Baseboard, natural gas
- Building Features and Amenities:
- Secured underground parking
- Interior Features:
- Hardwood and laminate flooring
- Most units equipped with gas fireplaces
- In-suite laundry
- Unique to XOLO: Comfortable but refined entry-level condominiums great for first time home buyers in the prime location of Mission.